ACG Tauranga has an engaging STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) programme that encourages students from a young age to get involved and enjoy the huge benefits of a STEM curriculum – setting them up for endless career opportunities later in life.
STEM at ACG Tauranga
- One block of science a week from Year 1 and throughout primary school. Hands-on and fun!
- Specialist science teachers teach students in Years 5 and 6
- Students in Years 7-10 receive seven lessons of science per week
- Three double blocks of science per week allow our students the time and opportunity to gain practical, hands-on experience
- One lesson of Computer Science per week from Years 7-10: students have fun with technology!
- Weekly lunch time and afterschool Maths workshops allow students to work and learn together across year levels
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology available as specialist subjects from Year 11
- Robotics club enhances innovation and creativity