At ACG Tauranga, we are introducing an innovative new approach to Open Days while the Bay of Plenty remains under Alert Level 2.
We believe that our Open Days are an excellent way for prospective families to gain a real sense of ACG Tauranga's values, educational programmes and community environment. And although we are not able to invite you to join us on campus (until we return to Level 1), we have created a highly interactive online Open Day to introduce you to our school.
We're incredibly excited to launch this virtual event, which will be packed full of information and live conversations with our principal, senior staff and student leaders. Drawing on best international practices from our fellow schools in the Inspired Education Group, our first online Open Day will be held on Saturday, 30th October.
We will be dividing the Open Day into three separate sessions.
- The first, from 10am to 10:45am, will focus on our Early Learning School.
- The second, from 11am to 11:45am, will be devoted to our Primary School.
- And the third, from 12pm to 1pm, will centre on our College – from Years 7 to 13.
This format provides a unique opportunity to share our educational philosophy and school values with new families. Each webinar presentation will last for approximately 45 minutes to one hour.
Plus, we will also include a comprehensive ‘Question and Answer’ session should you have any queries, or require further information, to ensure that ACG Tauranga is the right fit for your child.
“Education is so much more than solid teaching and learning,” says Principal Thea Kilian. “It is about the way in which we influence our children to feel good about themselves as learners and the opportunities we provide for them to engage with life in a holistic and positive manner.
“Our Open Days are a great chance for families to experience the care, compassion and skill with which we all embark on this journey together.”
What you can expect from the day:
- You will meet our principal, Mrs Thea Kilian.
- You’ll have the opportunity to speak with some of our teachers and senior staff, who can answer any questions you may have.
- We will introduce you to our school virtually, explaining how our academic curriculum is complemented by a full extracurricular programme and underpinned by strong core values and exceptional pastoral care.
- We’ll also outline our school environment, which provides safe, nurturing and inclusive spaces where children receive a high level of individual care and attention.
- And we’ll familiarise you with our Cambridge International Curriculum, which encourages our students to explore a variety of subjects and activities to help them maximise their potential.
- Additionally, we’ll underline our sports, arts and technology programmes which provide balance to ensure our students develop as well-rounded, confident individuals with a wide range of abilities.
- We’ll define our simple step-by-step admissions process. We are still able to enrol your child during Covid-19 alert levels.
Numbers are limited, so please book early to secure your place.